With all the speculation of what the giant crack in Fortnite‘s sky could mean, Epic Games is set to give us an answer within a matter of days. The game’s developers went onto their subreddit today and made the official announcement below, letting players know that Season 5 will kick off on July 12th.
We’re actually kind of surprised it’s starting so soon, but we’re working under the assumption that Epic is doing their best to avoid any potential leaks or spoilers like what happened with Season 4 and moving forward with it as soon as they can. We’re hoping to hear more info on it in the days ahead.
Season 4 is coming to an end! We want to give you a heads up on the exact ending time. You may have seen the timer update in-game, which means we are giving you two more days to complete Season 4! Season 5 will begin on July 12th at 4 AM EDT (08:00 GMT).
Want even more help earning those last few Battle Pass rewards? We’ll be running a +100% match XP weekend starting June 29th at 4AM EDT (08:00 GMT) and ending on July 2nd at 3AM EDT (07:00 GMT). Hop in, catch up on challenges, and earn those Season 4 rewards while you can!
- Epic Games Releases Fortnite Season 5 with Patch Notes Details
- Now We're Seeing Fortnite Llamas Make Appearances in Europe
- Epic Games Is Putting Fortnite Landmarks in the Real World
- Fortnite is Bringing Back the Rare Red Knight Skin
- Fortnite's 4.5 Update Just Added Some Fun New Toys
- Epic Games Officially Makes Playground LTM Live on Fortnite
- Epic Games Gives an Update on Fortnite's Playground LTM