A new set of photos from Bandai Namco’s Japanese side have been making the rounds since yesterday, showing off new pieces of SoulCalibur VI story mode. The photos look impressive, but unless you can read Japanese, there’s not a lot to take from the text. Even some of the translations people have been posting on forums don’t reveal anything more than what you might expect from a SoulCalibur game as they talk about good and evil and how powerful the sword is.
What we can tell you is that the story mode will be called the Soul Chronicle, and as you can see from the combination of still-frame cutscenes and occasional videos, we’re probably diving deep into some lore about the series that you might not expect as everyone seems to have some sort of pivotal role. We can also confirm from the images below that the florentine-fighting pirate Cervantes de Leon will be returning to Soul Calibur VI, so be on the lookout for that reveal trailer down the road.
- So Why Is Tira a DLC Character in SoulCalibur VI? A Producer Sheds Some Light
- Astaroth and Seong Mi-Na Annoucned for SoulCalibur VI at EVO 2018
- Voldo Finally Makes an Appearance in SoulCalibur VI's Latest Reveal
- SoulCalibur VI's Devs Are Trying to Restore the Franchise's Glory
- Talim Has Returned to SoulCalibur VI to Wreck Your Day
- Bandai Namco Reveals Gamescom 2018 Lineup
- We Get a Crack at SoulCalibur VI, But Spend Most of it Schooling People
- Bandai Namco Reveals Maxi to Join SoulCalibur VI
- Yoshimitsu Returns to SoulCalibur VI in Latest Character Trailer
- Did Amazon's Italian Website Leak SoulCalibur VI's Release Date