In case you’ve already been hoping that Nintendo would expand the roster of Mario Tennis Aces, some good news came your way this week. The company released a brand-new trailer for the game, which you can check out below, and near the end made three specific reveals of new characters that will be coming to the game this fall. Those three are Diddy Kong, a Koopa Paratroopa, and Birdo. Depending on the forums that you frequent, one or all of these could be seen coming a mile away as they are basically staples of the Mario-themed sports games.
Over the years, Nintendo has been careful in their approach to adding new characters to any of their titles on the fly. This stems from several interviews in the past where they feel a game’s roster should be complete when you get it and withholding characters for shock value seems cheesy. So it is kind of surprising to see the company change that up a bit with Mario Tennis Aces. What exactly all three characters will add to the game is yet to be seen, but at least they went for a few fan-favorites that span a few generations of Mario fans.
- Mario Tennis Aces Takes Its Place Atop the UK Charts
- Mario Tennis Aces Beta and Tournament Details Revealed
- Nintendo Show Off Everything They Can for Mario Tennis Aces
- Mario Tennis Aces Release Date Seemingly Revealed Due to Early Retail Listing
- Nintendo Direct Coming Tomorrow With Mario Tennis Aces Set To Appear
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018
- Bethesda Explains Why Fallout 76 Won’t Be Coming to Steam - October 16, 2018
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed - October 16, 2018