The Overwatch development team has announced that is working on a rework for the troublesome Sombra, and that she is now getting infinite stealth abilities.
Sombra has been a bit of a problem character for Overwatch since she was announced. Hell, if you count the weird ARG, she’s been a problem character since even before that. Her kit is awesome — bringing stealth into the game and disabling opponents should be overpowered. However, it’s never quite come together for her. She recently got reworked, being able to hack more, before then coming back down to earth again with her hack going on cooldown when interrupted.
Well, it was announced not long ago that she is getting a new rework, and we now have the details of that. They are pretty wild. Lead designer Geoff Goodman took the game’s forums saying that the changes are looking to drastically buff her stealth capabilities. She’s meant to be an infiltrator and scout, as Goodman explains she now has infinite stealth and translocator. Her cooldowns are gone, essentially. Of course, that is super powerful, so some checks have been made to nerf her down a little too. Goodman said:
Stealth giving you 75% bonus movement speed forever was… a bit strong. This bonus has been lowered to 50%. In addition, she can no longer contest objectives while in Stealth, since she that would just be super frustrating with infinite duration.
These are pretty wild changes, but they’re ones I’m very excited about. Alongside Reaper, Sombra is possibly my favourite character to play, but she has always been lost in the meta somewhere. Now with this, this could lead to some really silly plays that I’d be excited to see play out. This, along with Hanzo and Symmetra’s reworks, shows that the Overwatch team is pretty intent on chaotic shifts in the game — and honestly… I’m kinda excited about it.
- Hammond Racing is the Latest Meme to Come to Overwatch
- Overwatch's Hammond Gets An Intro Trailer and Developer Update
- Fortnite’s Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year - October 22, 2018
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018