Bethesda’s Todd Howard has said that he and the team know where recently announced The Elder Scrolls 6 is set in the world, and what’s more is that they’ve known for a while.
When The Elder Scrolls 6 was announced at E3, it was a big surprise. Bethesda in recent years has been a company that likes to keep its cards close to its chest and announce things less than a year of them coming out. However, The Elder Scrolls 6 is reportedly years and years away, and development is still extremely early. All we have is a title card right now. It does leave the question: does Bethesda know where the game is set?
Well, yes, as it turns out. Speaking to Eurogamer at the Gamelab conference this week, Bethesda head Todd Howard said the team was quite aware of where the game was set, and they’ve known for a while. When asked if you could figure out where the game is set by the landscape in the announcement trailer, he said:
“I obviously would say yes, but you can’t — it’s intentionally… You can rule some things out. And you can rule some things in.”
He later added:
“The first thing we do is the world so we’ve known for a while where it’s set.”
The internet has been rife with speculation about where the game will be set, so it’s good to know that the trailer is of somewhere specific. For now, we will have to keep to our internet theories. Perhaps sometime in the not too, too distant future, we will learn “something” about the location of the game.
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018