One of the biggest mysteries surrounding Jump Force after E3 is what the hell are the two characters from Death Note doing just watching the fight? A lot of people were wondering just what Light Yagami and Ryuk were doing up on that rooftop, and as it turns out, there may be a bit more to the game’s story than just worlds colliding. Game Informer got a quick interview with Bandai Namco producer Koji Nakajima at E3 who shed a little light on what may be going on up on that roof.
Nakajima pointed out that they are there for story reasons. “Right, not everyone is suited to fighting, but might have a part in the story. The question of how all these universes came to ours will involve characters who aren’t necessarily selectable characters who are used to hitting each other.” This is probably bad news for Death Note fans that hoped Light would act as Ryuk’s Pokémon trainer in battle.
So while the characters may not be playable as fighters inside the game, they are apparently crucial to what’s happening as far as the story goes. The more we learn about the game, the more intriguing the rabbit hole seems to become.
- Bandai Namco Finally Give Us a Jump Force Action Trailer
- Bandai Namco Shows New Images of Ichigo from Bleach in Jump Force
- Ichigo from Bleach Joins the Roster for Jump Force
- Mega Man 11 Reminded Us We Love the Series and Need Practice
- Playing Resident Evil 2 Remastered at E3 Creeped Us Out Hardcore
- Shooting Everything We Can Forever in Our Demo of Starlink
- Watching Worlds Collide at E3 as we Leap into Jump Force
- Anthem, Kingdom Hearts III, and Fallout 76 are the Most Talked-About E3 Games So Far
- Bandai Namco Releases Complete E3 Lineup
- Fallout 76, Devil May Cry 5, Battlefield V Announced as Xbox One X Enhanced Titles
- Everything Announced at Microsoft's Xbox E3 Conference
- Bandai Namco Reveal Their Own Crossover Fighting Game with Jump Force
- Black Ops 4’s 1.10 Update Makes Major Changes to Blackout - December 18, 2018
- Fallout 76 Fans Are Calling Out Bethesta on Microtransaction Pricing - December 18, 2018
- Blizzard Celebrates the Holidays With a New Stop Motion Video - December 18, 2018
- “Anaconda” and “Lockhart” Are the Code Names for Xbox’s Next Consoles - December 18, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Shows Off New Character “V” in Latest Trailer - December 18, 2018