Behaviour Digital has announced that Dead by Daylight, its award-winning survival horror game, has sold over 4 million copies worldwide and is still growing strong. To celebrate that milestone and the game’s two-year anniversary, the latest chapter Curtain Call is launching today. The new DLC comes with an in-game store and tutorials for new players.
Curtain Call includes a new Killer, Survivor and Map. Players will meet the new killer, The Clown, who has long used his nomadic lifestyle as a cover for his twisted pastimes. He uses his favourite concoction, The Afterpiece Tonic, to great effect, intoxicating and capturing many unwilling victims.
Kate Denson is the new Survivor. As a singer, her life was one of spreading joy and warmth to those around her. She awakes to an eternal nightmare in Campbell’s Chapel, once a haven from the horrors of the asylum, where the only warmth comes from a bonfire and where there is no joy to be found.
Curtain Call is now available for the price of $6.99 USD on PC through Steam and other digital distribution channels and will soon be made available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Additonally, the Dead by Daylight economy has been completely overhauled, now giving players the ability to earn new content in addition to buying it. Iridescent Shards are earned with playtime via a new player leveling system. An additional currency called Auric Cells is now available for purchase in packs ranging from $5 USD to $50 USD. Both currencies can be used to unlock characters and skins.
The approach to the store was designed from the ground up to be respectful to players, based on four pillars:
- One Community: Maps will always be free, so the playerbase will never be segmented
- Original Dead by Daylight characters can be earned: the community can now choose between earning or buying new content.
- All in with cosmetic items: players can now personalize their character, adding to their experience
- Transparency: Microtransactions will help support new content development.
Two new tutorial levels have been added to the game: one for the Survivor experience and one for the Killer experience. Both have been designed to provide new players with an introduction to the basic mechanics of the game and to learn many of the skills required to play Dead by Daylight effectively, but in a safe, low-stress environment.
“Behaviour Digital is incredibly proud to celebrate the two milestones for Dead by Daylight: the game’s second-year anniversary, as well as the fact that it has surpassed 4 million copies sold across all platforms. This outstanding performance reflects the ability of our teams to continually receive player feedback to refine their experience and offer new high-quality content,” said Stephen Mulrooney, Senior Vice-President, Behaviour Digital.
“2018 is set to be a tremendously exciting year for Behaviour Digital. Creating our own original games has always been our dream and we are honoured to have such a passionate and vibrant community of fans from all around the world. We are incredibly enthusiastic about the future and are more committed than ever to grow and invest in our games for years to come,” he added.
You can check out the new DLC below, with its new Killer and Survivor below.
- Dead By Daylight Launches Their Scorching Summer BBQ Event
- The Latest Dead By Daylight Patch Fixes a Ton of Issues and Complaints
- Dead By Daylight Adds a Smoking Jacket and New Content Roadmap
- Space Esports and Dead By Daylight Team Up for Inaugural Tournament
- Katy Perry to Join Cast of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - December 11, 2018
- The Leaderboard and NYXL to Host a Super Smash Bros Livestream Next Week - December 11, 2018
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018