Developed by Metkis and being published by Unknown Publisher, we got a quick taste of Morning Star during the PC Gaming Show at E3. As described by the publisher, “Morning Star is a first-person farming game set in a post-cyberpunk world where computers are your soil and software is your seeds. Explore, rebuild, or exploit a community on the outset of a cyberpunk dystopia. It’s your choice to help build a better future.” The game looks pretty cool but it also makes things just a shade paranoid of how the future will turn out. Here’s a quick quote from the PC Gamer article on the matter.
Developer Metkis prefers calling it the cultivation genre. Farming is only part of a greater personal journey. “They’re about cultivating a more meaningful existence or happiness through culture and appreciation of the world,” he tells me. It’s why the post-cyberpunk setting is so apt for an optimistic adventure. “It’s just past the dystopia. Something changed. It’s fertile ground for growth and rediscovery.”
Hopefully, we’ll get a chance to try the game out when we hit the E3 floor this week, but in the meantime, please enjoy the trailer below and prepare to plant your futuristic garden.
- TinyBuild Games Brings Humor to Hell on Earth with Rapture Rejects
- Overkill's The Walking Dead Receives a Proper E3 Trailer
- Looking Over Your Shoulder in a Taxi in Night Call
- Warframe: The Sacrifice's Launch Trailer is Here
- Popular Skyrim Mod Forgotten City Reimagined as Standalone Game; Watch the E3 Trailer
- Gloam Collective and Untitled Publisher Reveal Bravery Network Online
- YOU ARE THE SHARK: Maneater the Game Revealed at #E3
- Dealing With Aliens in Everyday Life With Desert Child at E3 - June 18, 2018
- A New Retro Gaming Solution Shown Off at E3 with Polymega - June 18, 2018
- Cygames Gives Us a Preview of Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link at E3 - June 18, 2018
- Bigben Interactive Bring Warhammer: Chaosbane to the E3 Floor - June 18, 2018
- The Sinking City Takes Lovecraftian Pleasure to a New Level - June 18, 2018