It’s looking like Batman #50, the upcoming wedding of Batman and Catwoman, is going to huge — every retailer and his brother is getting into the act of exclusive covers and some of the top names in the industry doing their take on the event. This includes the talented Mr. Jae Lee, who did up an exclusive cover for Dynamic Forces.
This particular cover has a classic movie feel to it, like something you’d expect to see with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck a la Roman Holiday. And then the collage of their battles over the years showing Catwoman in her various costumes, all laid out in the shape of the Batman symbol. And based on the fold of the cover, when you first see it, there is the romantic moment of Selina pulling Bruce in for a kiss, but the full image shows the whip behind her back — showing that she is always dangerous. This really is a well-thought-out and designed cover. It seems to have a Michael Golden influence to it… but that may just be my interpretation.
We have the progress art for the cover where you can see Lee’s original pencils, his inks and then the final colors. Links to the three versions of the cover are below.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018