Much-loved virtual band Gorillaz (aka the very non-virtual Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett) have released a brand-new video for the song ‘Humility’ off their upcoming album The Now Now, out June 29th.
The beachy video and road trip-worthy tune give off some serious Cali vibes. No doubt this track will be on many a summer playlist. On top of that, the video features a very Jack-Black-like Jack Black appearance.
The band announced the new album just yesterday, surprising fans with imminent new music only a year and change after their explosive LP Humanz was released in April 2017. Humanz was the band’s first studio album release in six years.
‘Humility’ is just about as far away tonally as you can get from Humanz, which had a darker and more visceral sound overall. Albarn said in an interview with Q Magazine that he told the album’s collaborators to imagine Donald Trump winning the 2016 presidential election (this was before he actually did):
“I told everyone to imagine you’re in America after the inauguration and it’s the worst-case scenario: how would you feel that night? Let’s make a party record about the world going f–king nuts.”
Watch the video for ‘Humility’ below, and check out another song, ‘Lake Zurich’, released alongside this one.
The Now Now tracklist is as follows, for your pleasure:
1. Humility – feat George Benson
3. Hollywood – feat Snoop Dogg + Jamie Principle
7. Lake Zurich
8. Magic City
9. Fire Flies
10. One Percent
11. Souk Eye
- 8 Songs from 2006 That Would Make a Better TV Show Than ‘Hey There Delilah’ - August 8, 2018
- Tongal: A New Media Company Elevating Diverse Voices - July 26, 2018
- DC Super Hero Girls: Legends of Atlantis Review – A Clean, Fun Adventure [SDCC] - July 25, 2018
- ‘Impulse’ Star Maddie Hasson Was “Totally Wrong” for the Part – So They Changed It to Fit Her - July 20, 2018
- Cosplay Gallery from Thursday at SDCC: Star Wars Galore - July 20, 2018