Okay so the shopping carts aren’t really here to replace the JetPacks, at least not entirely. Instead, the Fortnite shopping cart has arrived as the game’s first vehicle. Because as any kid knows, shopping carts make the best cars. The vehicles are only available in Fortnite: Battle Royale, as Save the World is a pretty different game all things considered. You’ll be able to ride a shopping cart solo or grab a friend to ride shotgun and cover you as you roll around the island.
Yes, it looks as ridiculous as it sounds.
The vehicles are here as part of Fortnite‘s patch 4.3, which also brings new UI elements to track challenge progression, the second Blockbuster event for Save the World, and VOIP for PC players in Save the World mode.
The major changes for patch 4.3 include:
- Shopping Carts (Battle Royale) – Ready, set, GO! Race across the map in Shopping Carts. Find one in Battle Royale now.
- Challenge Progression (Battle Royale) – Know your goals! UI elements have been added so you can track your Challenges in-match.
- Blockbuster Event Part Two (Save the World) – Blockbuster returns with part two – A Hero is Born. Reunite with Ray and join the effort to save Spitfire. Part two of the Blockbuster Event is playing now!
- VOIP on PC (Save the World) – Communication is key. Talk to your team over voice chat on PC.
- Turbo Build: Structures now build faster after the first building piece is placed.
- Your first structure is built 0.15 seconds after holding the button (unchanged), any additional structures built while Turbo Building are placed after 0.05 seconds.
- This fixes the issue that was occasionally causing a structure not to place when quickly building.
- The reason there’s a difference in timing between the first structure placed (0.15s) and Turbo Built structures (0.05s) is to allow additional time for players to switch structure type or rotate pieces.
- Added a toggle for ‘Edit Mode Aim Assist’ ingame options.
- This has always been enabled for controller users. You now have the option to enable or disable this feature.
- Edit Mode Aim Assist attracts your aim towards the closest building square and partially confines your crosshair to the building piece your editing.
- Save the World and Battle Royale now have their own unique loading screens following mode select.
Bug Fixes for the patch include:
- Turbo Building is no longer cancelled when cycling through Traps to get to a new building piece on your quick bar.
- The “out of resources” sound effect no longer plays repeatedly while trying to Turbo Build without any resources.
- Menu sliders no longer become unresponsive on controllers after a tooltip pops up.
- Having a full backpack will no longer cause picked up items to disappear when dropped on the ground.
- Fixed issues while aiming diagonally when using a controller.
- The stick input was not correctly translating into camera rotation causing the camera to never reach its maximum turn rate when aiming diagonally.
- Camera input curves have also been slightly tuned to account for the change in diagonal aiming speeds.
- Fixed player movement corrections upon landing from a jump after activating sprint mid-air.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when logging out.
- Fixed an issue that caused black line streaks to appear on other players far off in the distance
You can check out the full 4.3 patch notes here, or take a gander at the shopping carts in action below.