IDW Publishing has sent us an exclusive preview of Judge Dredd: Under Siege #1 from writer Mark Russell (The Flintstones, God Is Disappointed in You) and artist Max Dunbar (Gears of War, First Strike).
The series is a dark, satirical reboot of the iconic character allowing Russell to become a sci-fi social commentator allowing him to share his view of the state of the world, the future of the human race and how our institutions are failing us. That is according to his interview with THR.com. Russell told them, “if you’re going to watch the world burn, the futuristic decay of Mega-City One is a pretty ideal vantage point.” The writer says that the series is something that is as much about today as it is the America of the 22nd century. The book goes on sale May 30th.
Judge Dredd: Under Siege #1 (of 4)
Mark Russell (w) • Max Dunbar (a)
When all contact with the Patrick Swayze Block is lost, Dredd and Judge Beeny are tasked with investigating. As they battle lawlessness and rampant criminality, they discover a threat to the city that they must contain at all costs…
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Covers include Max Dunbar (a), Alan Quah (b), Max Dunbar (black-and-white – ri-a), Alan Quah (black-and-white – ri-b)
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018