A couple months ago we told you about the new Sonic The Hedgehog sneakers that were in the works from PUMA and Sega, and today we finally have confirmation that both of the sneakers will be released on June 5th. The RS-0 Sonic and Dr. Eggman will drop in a couple of weeks, both online and in stores worldwide. Here’s the official description of both pairs, courtesy of Sega’s press release today.
The RS-0 Sonic takes cues from Sonic the Hedgehog and the areas he protects, including the iconic Green Hill Zone. The upper is made from a textured suede reminiscent of Sonic’s trademark blue fur while the striking red outsole stands for his shoes. Take a closer look and you’ll see more familiar color hints from the beloved game – from classic gold rings, to the lush green grass that he speeds on. The upper also features micro ventilation perforations, embroidered PUMA Formstrip, deboss of Sonic’s head and gold rings. Metallic gold rings once again appear on lace ends relating to the classic gold rings collected in the video game. The story continues on the mid and insole with checkered print nostalgic to the retro video game. 16-bit grass print on heel is a nod to the Green Hill Zone. Outsole features translucent red rubber and a Sonic logo under print. Finally, the tongue label features the collaboration logo and RS-0 binary number branding.
The PUMA x SEGA RS-0 Dr. Eggman take cues from Sonic the Hedgehog’s archnemesis, from his flashy outfit to the black and yellow caution stripes from his Eggmobile represented by the sneaker’s all-over red upper and footbed. The upper is decked in a pebbled patent leather with micro ventilation perforations, a debossed PUMA Formstrip, and a debossed Dr. Eggman head that shoots fireballs from his Eggmobile. His conniving face and fireballs are debossed on the medial heel, while gold rings, have been inserted on the lace. The footbed features black and yellow caution stripes – nod to the graphics on Eggman’s Eggmobile. Metallic outsole and caution stripes take design cues from his scientific machinery. Outsole features translucent blue rubber and Sonic logo under print, the exact color referenced from Dr. Eggman’s glasses. Tongue label features the collaboration logo and RS-0 binary number branding. Both sneakers are packaged a special box that inspired by the iconic Green Hill Zone.
Basically, these are some pretty awesome running shoes with the Sonic look and feel. Whichever one you want, they’re both going to run you $130 a pop.
- Freaker Sneaks Are Selling a Game Boy Pair for $1,350
- Paul George Has a Pair of Fortnite Sneakers with Nike for Some Reason
- A Gamer’s Paradise in Nottingham: National Videogame Arcade Review
- Sega President Wants a Sonic Comeback as Much as We Do
- Second Prints for Thanos, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Coda, and Sonic
- Gideon Falls, Power Rangers, Her Infernal Descent, and Sonic Get Multiple Printings
- Gotta Go Fast? Sega is Parterning with Puma for Sonic Sneakers
- Nintendo Announce Two New Game Console Bundles for the Holidays - November 13, 2018
- The Next Overwatch Update Will Require a Full Reinstall - November 13, 2018
- Sony Confirms PUBG Will Be Coming to PS4 in December - November 13, 2018
- Latest Legends of Aria Shows Off How You Create Your Home - November 12, 2018
- Snoop Dogg Hypes the Spyro Reignited Trilogy in Latest Video - November 12, 2018