Superstar actor Michael Keaton reprised his acclaimed role as Batman in Tim Burton‘s eponymous Batman and Batman Returns films, but the venue may shock and surprise you if you are a person particularly prone to being shocked and/or surprised by relatively mundane events. Keaton, it seems, was delivering the commencement speech to the graduating class at Kent University when he decided to leave the crowd with two words he wanted them to remember above all else:
Michael Keaton closed his commencement speech at Kent State with "I'm Batman."
And this is why Michael Keaton is the best. pic.twitter.com/20H1B99aCl
— TODD SPENCE (@Todd_Spence) May 16, 2018
Of course, if any of the graduating students have ever seen the 1989 film Batman, they’re already familiar with those two words, since “I’m Batman” is one of the most popular quotes from the movie. Still, it never hurts to remind college students of things, since they’re always partying with their keg stands and their reefer and tend to be forgetful. It reminds us a lot of our own graduation from comic book “journalism” school, where a disheveled and drunken Jack Nicholson impersonator left us with the lasting advice: “Never rub another man’s rhubarb.”
If these students didn’t remember that Michael Keaton is, in fact, the best Batman, they certainly do now. Hopefully, Warner Bros. will eventually release the Snyder Cut of this commencement address so we can see if Keaton made any other pop culture references in his speech.
- DC Comics is Giving Away a CGC Graded Action Comics #1 Silver Foil Variant - May 24, 2018
- E! News Spoils Total Bellas, Says Nikki Bella and John Cena are Back Together - May 24, 2018
- GLAAD Calls on Studios to Feature LGBTQ Characters in 20% of Movies by 2021 - May 24, 2018
- Mark Millar: No Second Printings for Hit-Girl #5 - May 24, 2018
- When Mark Millar’s Daughter Hacked His Twitter Account - May 24, 2018