Cha Cha Boochie, Cha Cha Cha Boochie, Roll Call! This Thursday, Saturday Night Live will partner up with Twitch to bring the social streaming service a brand new marathon centered around SNL sketches. To be very clear, these are not the complete episodes, these are selective sketches from the show’s 43 seasons on the air, rotating in 16-hour blocks as they lead up to the season finale this Saturday hosted by Tina Fey with musical guest Nicki Minaj. Here’s a little extra info from the press release sent out today about the kind of content you’ll see.
Viewers tuning in will be treated to memorable sketches spanning both classic and modern episodes, including a variety of celebrity hosts and guests, highlights from the current season 43, a collection of sketches from SNL finale host Tina Fey, commercial parodies, iconic impressions, digital shorts and many more.
It’s pretty cool the two companies could come together and do something awesome leading up to the show’s season finale this year. It certainly marks one of the few times a current broadcast entity has turned to Twitch as a promotional outlet to hype what they’re doing. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of viewership Twitch gets this week.
- Twitch Posts the Details of Their E3 Broadcast Schedule
- The World Series of Poker Will Be Streaming on Twitch in New Deal
- Twitch is Airing a 7-Week Classic Doctor Who Marathon
- Twitch Users Can Now Play The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild as a Group
- ICYMI: SNL's Michael Che and Colin Jost Are Hosting The 2018 Emmys
- Twitch Reveals Its Free Games with Prime for May 2018
- Twitch Announces New Monetization with Bits in Extensions
- SNL's Leslie Jones, Colin Jost Starring in Lorne Michaels Produced 'Baby Nurse' Film at Universal
- Realm Royale Has Taken a Major Dive in Players Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- PUBG Mobile Boasts 100 Million Downloads Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- Another Pokémon GO Datamine Finds Mention of a Fourth Generation - August 17, 2018
- A Hat in Time to Make a Special Announcement on a Livestream Next Week - August 17, 2018
- Square Enix and Coca-Cola Join Forces for a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Event - August 17, 2018