DC Comics has finally announced the artists that will work on the Sandman Universe spinoff imprint announced earlier this year, though we are contractually obligated to point out that you heard about it first here at Bleeding Cool. Pip Pip. Anyway, at that time, aside from Bilquis Evely working on the main Sandman Universe #1 book, DC didn’t announce any of the artists. Well, that situation has been rectified in a press release today, revealing that Dominike “Domo” Stanton, Max Fiumara, Sebastian Fiumara, and Tom Fowler have all joined the Sandman Universe imprint, along with Evely, who was already announced as drawing Sandman Universe #1 but will also draw The Dreaming.
But pictures are worth a thousand words, or so they say (how does that work out in pay rates?), so DC also dropped some art from the each of the books. Below, see the full lineup. Matt Lopes colored all of the pages but is not listed on the creative teams by DC in the press release, for whatever reason.
THE DREAMING—written by Si Spurrier with art by Bilquis Evely
HOUSE OF WHISPERS—written by Nalo Hopkinson with art by Dominike “Domo” Stanton:
LUCIFER—written by Dan Watters with art by Max Fiumara and Sebastian Fiumara
BOOKS OF MAGIC—written by Kat Howard with art by Tom Fowler
And of course, there’s also the aforementioned Sandman Universe #1 one-shot, plotted by Neil Gaiman, written by all four of the writers above, with art by Bilquis Evely and a cover by Jae Lee.
- Because U Demanded It: WWE PPVs to Now Be Even Longer - May 23, 2018
- Lumberjanes and More BOOM! Digital Comics Featured in the Latest Humble Bundle - May 23, 2018
- Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Regina King, More Join HBO’s Watchmen Cast - May 23, 2018
- NFL Owners Approve Policy Fining Teams If Players Kneel During National Anthem - May 23, 2018
- Hellboy Board Game Adds Expansion Before It’s Been Released - May 23, 2018