Most of us know Bubba Ho-Tep from the 2002 film with Bruce Campbell and Ozzie Davis. That was based on the Bram Stoker Award winning short story by Joe R. Lansdale that told the tale of a still alive Elvis Presley in a rest home, hooking up with a guy who thinks he’s John F. Kennedy, and the two elderly ass-kickers take on an ancient Egyptian entity that is hunting the senior care facility like it’s a Golden Corral buffet.
There has long been talk of a sequel, but that may not happen in film, but we’re getting a prequel comic. Based on an original story by Lansdane, writer Joshua Jabcuga and artist Tadd Galusha have teamed with IDW Publishing for Bubba Ho-Tep and the Cosmic Blood-Suckers. And we have an exclusive first look inside issue one that goes on sale this week.
Bubba Ho-Tep and the Cosmic Blood-Suckers #1
Joe R. Lansdale & Joshua Jabcuga (w) • Tadd Galusha (a & cover b) • Baldemar Rivas (cover a)
From the mind of creator Joe R. Lansdale comes a prequel to the cult-classic film! President Nixon has discovered an alien threat, and he knows there’s only one man he can reach out to for help: Elvis Presley. But will Elvis be enough to defeat a horde of Cosmic Blood-Suckers?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018