Gerard Way‘s ’90s Vertigo revival, Young Animal, will take a hiatus after the current run of mini-series, according to a scoop by Comics Beat’s Alexander Lu. The line was plagued by delays to its flagship title, Doom Patrol, though Way claims that book will return, along with Young Animal in some capacity, in the future.
Here’s the statement Way provided to Comics Beat on the news:
I want to give everyone an update on Young Animal. In August, SHADE, CAVE CARSON, and MOTHER PANIC will end at issue 6 as we originally planned, alongside ETERNITY GIRL. It’s been an incredible run for each of them and I’m so thankful to all the writers and artists who began this journey with me, and who created such incredible stories.
The end (for now) of this particular ’90s-nostalgia comics brand paves the way for DC’s Sandman Universe, kicking off in August, just as the Young Animal series end.
- Iron Man Wants Everyone to Know That Bleeding Cool Will Rewrite Comics History on Monday #MarvelDeclassified - July 19, 2018
- FX Spotlights Legion, American Horror Story, Mayans M.C., and Archer at Comic-Con FXhibition - July 19, 2018
- Captina of Our Hearts – The John Barrowman Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Hyundai Unveils Iron Man Themed Kona SUV at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Christophe Bec and Stefano Rafaelle’s ‘Under’ Heads to the Big Screen - July 19, 2018