A whole host of games might have just been revealed prior to E3 thanks to a Walmart listing slip-up. From Gears of War 5 to a new Splinter Cell, the list is pretty extensive with properties from a variety of publishers.
E3 is just weeks away now, which means the internet is bound to be a sea of rumours and leaks for the foreseeable future. Some of them will pan out, others will be hastily photoshopped content to fool people. It’s always a wild time of year for speculation, but this next piece is interesting as we might have just got the possible motherlode.
As caught by insider Wario 64 (who has a great track record), Walmart Canada may have accidentally just let us know some of the major games being announced at the show. A bunch of games were listed, many of which have not been announced yet with Gears of War 5, Splinter Cell, Borderlands 3 and Just Cause 4 taking immediate attention. Strangely, it also lists Rage 2, a sequel to the ambitious but ultimately disappointing id Software title from 2010. Here is the photo of everything listed:
Walmart CA listings https://t.co/MhwlNGn6s1
Just Cause 4
Dragon Quest 2 (PS4/XBO)
LEGO DC Villans
Gears of War 5
Forza Horizons 5
Assassin’s Creed pic.twitter.com/TF0mxnxkES
— Wario64 (@Wario64) May 9, 2018
It’s worth noting that none of this is confirmed, of course, and one listing does mention Forza Horizon 5 (the last game was Forza Horizon 3), which casts some doubt to the accuracy of this. At the same time, it could be a typo for a listing that wasn’t meant to go public yet.
It’s hard to know what to make of this. If this turns out to be real, this is one of the biggest mess-ups in E3 leak history. This coming from Walmart does add some credence to this though. This one should be interesting. We will have to tune in to see what ends up being real, and what doesn’t.
- Bethesda Releases Rage 2 Teaser Trailer for Actual Gameplay Trailer
- From The Rumor Mill: From Software's Next Game Will be Shown Off at E3
- Battlefield V Gets the Shortest of Teasers Ahead of Reveal on Wednesday - May 21, 2018
- Grand Theft Auto V Nears 100 Million Copies Sold - May 21, 2018
- Resident Evil 7 is Coming to Nintendo Switch By Way of the Cloud - May 21, 2018
- The Division 2 is Set to Release Before April 2019 - May 18, 2018
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox Adaptive Controller Which Makes Gaming More Accessible - May 17, 2018