Looks like we have another addition to the already impressive Captain Marvel cast. According to Variety Annette Bening has joined the cast. Presumably she will be playing Carol Danvers’s mother, but that isn’t for certain. The movie is currently in production.
Geneva Robertson-Dworet wrote the most recent script, with “Inside Out” scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman penning previous drafts. The tentpole follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection, and flight.
Captain Marvel is the movie that’s promising to set up the events of Avengers 4 and will also be the first time a woman has had solo movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She’s been called the most powerful character we’ve seen so far in the MCU, and fans have been eagerly awaiting her big-screen debut for years.
Carol Danvers becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races.
Captain Marvel, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, will also star Brie Larson, Jude Law, Gemma Chan, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Samuel L. Jackson. The film is set for release on March 8th, 2019.
- Captain Marvel Footage Was Just Shown at CineEurope
- Punisher is Coming This Winter from One:12 Collective
- MLB Morning Trip Around the Bases: Yankees Stay Hot, Harvey to the Reds, and More!
- Deadpool Has an Awesome New Blu-ray Steelbook at Best Buy
- Jude Law: There’s a Dash of Anarchy and a Sense of Mystery in Young Dumbledore - July 17, 2018
- First Look at Young Billy Batson in Shazam! - July 17, 2018
- First Trailer for Amusement Park-Set Horror Movie ‘Hell Fest’ is Here - July 17, 2018
- The Predator: Shane Black Talks Designing the Ultimate Predator - July 17, 2018
- Numan Acar Joins the Cast of Spider-Man: Far From Home - July 17, 2018