Behaviour Digital has announced that its asymmetrical multiplayer survival game Deathgarden will enter its closed alpha test tomorrow, May 9th, at 3 p.m. EST. In Deathgarden, one powerful, invulnerable Hunter faces off against the faster, more agile Runners within the titular Garden.
This first phase of Closed Alpha testing is designed to test the game’s online infrastructure and gather feedback on the core gameplay mechanics. Keys will be gradually sent out to players who signed up on the official Deathgarden website. So if you’ve already put in a key, you will likely get one sometime soon.
As for the game itself, well. Creative director Ashley Pannell wanted to create a competitive game “where controls are always responsive for both the runner and the hunter. It is about the users’ abilities and the choices they make to master the map.” For each round, on top of choosing a class, players have access to a skill tree where they need to choose which powers to upgrade.
The depth of the gameplay will provide the core focus for the development team, making this closed alpha phase one of the most important ones. Every map is procedurally generated within the Garden, which is an arena-like complex where runners willingly enter to compete against the champion hunter. “Mixed with the agility of the runner and hunter, the map elevation helps create memorable moments where players hide, escape and outsmart their opponent using the terrain and buildings,” said Pannell.
To get all the details, players can watch the Kickoff Livestream on May 9th, at 2 p.m. EST on Twitch. You can also read about our chat with the development team during PAX East, which includes some hints on possible future game modes coming in future versions of the game.
Registration for the PC Closed Alpha is still open, you can sign up here.
This first closed Alpha will run from Wednesday, May 12th at 2 p.m. EST up to the end of the day on Sunday, May 13th.
- Behaviour Interactive Offer a Survival Tutorial for Deathgarden
- Deathgarden Will Be Released on Steam Early Access This Month
- Frostkeep Studios Announces Rend's Public Alpha Test Starts Today
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018