For weeks, wrestling superstar Chris Jericho has been telling reporters that he’s done working with New Japan Pro Wrestling following his WrestleKingdom match with Kenny Omega and his followup attack on Tetsuya Naito at NJPW New Years Dash.
“Things change,” Jericho said just a few days ago, shutting down reports that he was expected to have a match with Naito in the new future. “That’s how it goes. Sometimes things seem like a good idea at the time, and then when you look at it a little bit deeper and a little bit further, you realize it’s not gonna go the way you want it to go.”
“It was good when it happened — we had a blast but sometimes things just don’t work out,” he said earlier in April. “You know, so New Japan was a lot of fun. Not to say that I wouldn’t go back there again, but as of right now our relationship is pretty much finished at this point.”
So it looks pretty certain that Jericho is totally done with NJPW, and there’s no way he’s–
Oh, Jericho appeared last night at Wrestling Dontaku following a match between Los Ingobernables and Suzuki-gun, using the timekeeper’s bell to attack Naito again. Jeeze, if you can’t take a pro wrestler’s word at face value anymore, who can you trust?
- DC Comics is Giving Away a CGC Graded Action Comics #1 Silver Foil Variant - May 24, 2018
- E! News Spoils Total Bellas, Says Nikki Bella and John Cena are Back Together - May 24, 2018
- GLAAD Calls on Studios to Feature LGBTQ Characters in 20% of Movies by 2021 - May 24, 2018
- Mark Millar: No Second Printings for Hit-Girl #5 - May 24, 2018
- When Mark Millar’s Daughter Hacked His Twitter Account - May 24, 2018