For weeks, wrestling superstar Chris Jericho has been telling reporters that he’s done working with New Japan Pro Wrestling following his WrestleKingdom match with Kenny Omega and his followup attack on Tetsuya Naito at NJPW New Years Dash.
“Things change,” Jericho said just a few days ago, shutting down reports that he was expected to have a match with Naito in the new future. “That’s how it goes. Sometimes things seem like a good idea at the time, and then when you look at it a little bit deeper and a little bit further, you realize it’s not gonna go the way you want it to go.”
“It was good when it happened — we had a blast but sometimes things just don’t work out,” he said earlier in April. “You know, so New Japan was a lot of fun. Not to say that I wouldn’t go back there again, but as of right now our relationship is pretty much finished at this point.”
So it looks pretty certain that Jericho is totally done with NJPW, and there’s no way he’s–
Oh, Jericho appeared last night at Wrestling Dontaku following a match between Los Ingobernables and Suzuki-gun, using the timekeeper’s bell to attack Naito again. Jeeze, if you can’t take a pro wrestler’s word at face value anymore, who can you trust?
- Long-Awaited Sequel How to Paint Characters the Marvel Studios Way to Hit Stores in April 2019 - August 16, 2018
- Ninja-K #11 Preview is Perfect Jumping-on Point for Jumping-on Point of Ninja-K #11 - August 16, 2018
- Image Unveils Weatherman #4 Variant by Bengal - August 16, 2018
- Archie Revisits His Roots as Riverdale Goes to War in Archie ’41 Preview - August 16, 2018
- Lightstep: Dark Horse to Publish Miloš Slavković’s Space Opera in November - August 16, 2018