Dontnod’s Vampyr has received a new trailer going over the central dilemma for the game but also showing a ton of combat too.
I’m really looking forward to Vampyr. The game has been on my radar since I saw it at E3 2016, its core idea leaving a lot of room to mine. What would happen if a doctor who had spent his life-saving people turned into a vampire that needed to eat people to live? It’s a neat little idea and it coming from the developers of Life is Strange certainly is a good narrative pedigree.
However, while it’s clear the story and narrative mechanics are a focus, the game also sports a fair bit of vampire-based combat. This new trailer for the game highlights a lot of that. While the voiceover covers the premise, you will see a lot of how the fighting will play out here, from long, shadowy fades to blink and you will miss it multi-kills. That, and of course, a whole lot of blood. You can take a look at it here:
The combat remains the big question mark here, for me. Seeing how deep it is, how it flows and just how much of it there is could be the defining feature of the game. It’s hard to tell too much from this trailer, but it does at least look like there might be some fun abilities going on here.
We don’t have too long to wait now for the game to arrive, as the title is set to release in just over a month on June 5th, 2018 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018
- Arkane Studios Says Dishonored is Taking a Break - August 15, 2018
- TimeSplitters Looks to Finally Be Making a Return After IP Changes Hands - August 15, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018