Well, this is a new experience for Brian Michael Bendis. He has been used to his launch books at Marvel getting massive amounts of variant covers, as well as retailers getting added discounts if they order high and match orders with previous issues. But at DC Comics, they do things differently.
So for the launch of Man of Steel, DC Comics is making every issue of the weekly series returnable — in whole or in part. This allows retailers to order high in the knowledge that if they have leftover issues, they can just send them all back for a full refund — or just the covers. That detail will come later.
But they will have to order high to qualify. And these are the issues that DC Comics are insisting that retailers match to get the returnability. And they are all based on the orders for Dark Nights: Metal spinoffs.
For Man of Steel #1, #2 and #3, retailers have to match their orders to the one-shot, Batman: Lost by Scott Snyder, James TynionIV, Joshua Williamson, Doug Mahnke, Jaime Mendoza, Yanick Paquette, and Jorge Jimenez.
For Man of Steel #5 and #6, retailers have to match their orders to the one-shot, Batman: The Devastator by Frank Tieri, James Tynion IV, Tony S. Daniel, and Danny Miki — and will be able to return up to half their orders.
And of course, if DC Comics does make the comic book returnable — they won’t have to announce any art changes either.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018