James Gunn gave us a rough timeline as to when we can expect Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, around this time in 2020, that finding out when they are going to start shooting isn’t that surprising. Today it is Mantis actress Pom Klementieff’s birthday and co-star Chris Pratt took to instagram to wish her a happy birthday. While wishing her a happy birthday he said “can’t wait to start shooting Guardians Vol. 3 with her next year!” which makes sense if the movie is shooting for a 2020 release date.
WARNING FOR AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS BELOW. DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE MOVIE YET.
If you’ve seen the end of Avengers: Infinity War you know that both Mantis and Peter Quill were two victims of the snap. Does this confirm that they are returning for the next movie? It might be but the Guardians of the Galaxy movies operate on a different timeline. The events of the second movie take place years before the events of Infinity War and, in an attempt to keep the series more separate from the events of the greater MCU, James Gunn could just say it happens before Infinity War.
That is an easy way to make sure that Gamora, who was killed by Thanos to obtain the Soul Stone, is still around. So no one should take Pratt saying him and Klementieff returning for the third movie as an absolute certainty that they will be coming back to life in Avengers 4.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It’s out now.
- "Every Bit of My Heart" Says James Gunn About Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Chris Evans's Happy Birthday Message to Chris Pratt
- James Gunn Apologizes for Breaking our Hearts and Talks What it's Really Like Behind-the-Scenes
- Albert Pujols Becomes The 32nd Player With 3,000 Hits
- May the 4th: Star Wars Tattoo Book 'The Force in the Flesh' Celebrating with Anniversary Edition
- Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Mystery Minis Coming from Funko!
- Star Wars The Black Series Admiral Piett Up for Order Now
- Build-A-Bear Specials on Chewbacca and New Millennium Falcon for May 4th!
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Friday, May 4
- May the 4th: Two New Mondo Mike Mitchell Star Wars Prints!
- Funko Round-Up: Squirrel Girl, Gargoyles, and Black Phillip!
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018