Vault Comics has issued a consumer alert about the Maxwell’s Demons #1 Free Comic Book Day Special, available for free in stores on Saturday, May 5th. Though the title was printed with an All-Ages rating, that turns out to be a mistake, as the title is actually rated Teen (13+). The issue, it seems, features “mild language and violence” not suitable for children under 13.
“First and foremost, we want to give our deepest apologies to the retailers, our partners-in-comics, who have been inconvenienced by this mix-up,” said Vault Publisher, Damian Wassel. “We know how taxing it is to run Free Comic Book Day events at your stores, and the last thing we would ever want is to create problems for you and your customers. We are working with the teams at Diamond Comics Distributors and Free Comic Book Day to do everything we can to help ensure Maxwell’s Demons #1 is given out to the proper audience. We hope these new labels will enable our retail partners to have a smooth and enjoyable Free Comic Book Day.”
To help set the record straight, Vault has released digital assets including shelf flyers and stickers to help retailers ensure that audiences are properly informed of the book’s rating, which can be downloaded here.
(W) Deniz Camp (A/CA) Vittorio Astone
Rating: Teen (13+)
Rescue princesses from icy monsters, swim the soft spaces between universes, and spray paint your name across the pearly gates in this SF adventure fit for all ages, especially the clever YA reader. Yes indeed, Maxwell Maas is the greatest mind the world has ever known, but at 10 years old he has a lot to learn. Adventuring to distant worlds through his makeshift multiversal closet door, Max will encounter greatness and goodness on a cosmic scale. But will he realize that danger lurks on both sides of the door before it’s too late?
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018