In case you’ve been holding onto a copy of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on your Wii U, you’re probably the last people who will be able to own it on that console. Today, in preparation for the game to be released on the Nintendo Switch, it appears Nintendo have deleted the game from the Wii U digital store. Several fans caught the change and reported in on the console’s subreddit, with a few taking mentioning that you could buy the game up until Sunday evening. The news has been confirmed since by other outlets and players in both the United States and Canada that the game is gone.
Now it is Nintendo, they’re not completely heartless. It’s been tested that if you already own the game and deleted it, you can redownload it using the menu options so current Wii U owners are not left in the dark. But the speculation right now is that Nintendo removed it temporarily because the game was currently for sale on discount and the company would like to get the fill $60 from you on the Switch rather than have you jump back to the Wii U and get it for $20. We’re guessing it will return after six months in time for the holidays.
- Nintendo's Incoming CEO Would Like One Major Mobile Game
- Like Editing Your Mii Character? Nintendo is Moving That Online
- New Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Trailers Feature Dixie and Diddy Kong
- Nintendo Releases Two Trailers for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on Switch
- King of Kong Might Be Stripped of His Title, Despite Not Being the Current Champ
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Is Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Donkey Kong is Making His Way to Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle in New DLC
- We May Be Getting A New Donkey Kong Game For The Switch
- The First Ever University Esports Hub Launches in UK as the NSE - August 16, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege Teases New Operative Ahead of Six Major Paris - August 16, 2018
- Overwatch League Will Add a Team in Toronto Next Season - August 16, 2018
- Rinoa Heartilly Joins the Roster of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - August 16, 2018
- The Endless Mission is Receiving a Beta After PAX West - August 16, 2018