Another day, another release of a new Solo: A Star Wars Story video. I’m the first to admit surprise here, but the more I’m seeing of the Solo solo film, the more I’m thinking it’s not going to be the letdown we think it is.
The newest vid is a featurette, talking primarily about Alden Ehrenreich becoming the young version of the galaxy’s most (in)famous smuggler. Interviews with director Ron Howard, co-stars Emilia Clark, Donald Glover, and Ehrenreich himself explain some of the process, and who the young Han is that we’ll meet in the film
“It’s all part of the expansion of the Han Solo world,” Alden says in the video. “It’s a right of passage, the tests we face, the challenges he has to endure, to become Han Solo,” Howard says.
There is actually a ton of new footage in this featurette; new scenes, new characters.
I would go so far as to surmise this snippet of a featurette may appear on a future release of the Star Wars standalone film when it hits DVD/Blu-Ray. Which in a way is why so often, the big studios are scrimping on their BTS offerings, because they release so much of it for early promotional reasons rather than waiting to compile.
That doesn’t mean it’s a bad move, just, disappointing when the feature’s home release has nothing new.
Here’s the featurette:
Solo: A Star Wars Story is set to hyperspace jump into theaters next month on May 25th 2018.
- GOG Adds Star Wars Episode I: Racer to PC for Limited Time Download
- Marvel Legends Infinity War Three Pack Exclusive Is Great...If You Can Find It
- Let's Take a Look at The Disney Store Exclusive Marvel Select Thanos
- 2 New 'Solo' TV Spots Arrive, Teasing More Criminal Elements
- Ron Howard, R2-D2 and Chewbacca Get in on the NFL Draft
- Alden Ehrenreich Talks Lord and Miller's Departure on 'Solo'- Sudden but not Unexpected
- Lord and Miller Explain Why Alden Ehrenreich Was Their Pick For Han Solo from the Beginning
- Her Universe Launches 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Fashion Line, Includes Menswear
- Joonas Suotamo, Chewie Himself, Visits Disney's Hollywood Studios' Star Wars Offerings
- Star Wars Announces Millennium Falcon Experience Tour and Locations
- Post Production on 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' is Done, Tweets Ron Howard
- New 'Solo' TV Spot Introduces Jon Favreau's Character
- Warner Bros. Releases ‘Westworld’ Mobile Game – You Are in Control - June 21, 2018
- Chris Evans’s Happy Birthday Message to Chris Pratt - June 21, 2018
- Outlander Warns Fans to Avoid Large Rock Formations in PSA - June 21, 2018
- ‘The Sandlot’ Returns to Theaters Thanks to Fathom Events - June 20, 2018
- Report: Disney Eyeing Female Directors for Black Widow Movie - June 20, 2018