Yakuza producer Daisuke Sato has talked about the possibility of Yakuza 3,4 and 5 on PlayStation 4, saying it’s possible we could see the games make the jump to the current generation.
Yakuza seems to be in the midst of its biggest mainstream surge in quite some time, possibly even ever at the moment. With the release of prequel Yakuza 0, a remake of the original game Yakuza: Kiwami and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life having all come out fairly quickly, and it really seems to be catching the West’s eye. The solid framework, the hyper-drama and the bizarre oddities of the franchise seem to be finally catching a new audience. With Yakuza: Kiwami 2 on the way, that only leaves 3, 4 and 5 currently without PlayStation 4 versions.
According to the series producer Daisuke Sato, it’s quite possible that those games could see similar treatment. Speaking to PlayStation Access, he said that if there is an audience for those titles, it is certainly possible. While being cautious with his response, when asked about remasters for the remaining games, he said:
If we get a lot of requests to make them, we may consider it.
This would surely please fans of the series, and it certainly would be a nice little convenience to have every game, looking great and on one console. At the same time, with there already being so many games from the series in such a short span of time, it might be a tough sell for fans to eat up three more games in the next few years. That said, with the growing audience, it might also make total sense.
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018