Be forewarned, if you’re going to go out of your way to mess with Fortnite by cheating the system, Epic Games will go after you in court, no matter how old you are. That’s the case we’re finding out today as the company is taking a 14-year-old cheater to court. According to GameIndustry.biz, as the underaged defendant being identified as C.R. has his family and attorney trying to get the case dismissed as Epic has filed a motion to get the dismissal denied. All of this stems from a story we reported on a few months back when the defendant was caught by Epic’s team for selling hacks for the game and selling them to users, resulting in the company suing him and his own mother bashing the company for doing so.
Not only had he been selling codes, but he had accounts banned from Fortnite multiple times and his IP address flagged by the company. When they learned of him selling codes on two different YouTube channels, that was the last straw which led to the lawsuit. According to the latest news, the defendant’s mother laid out four key points as to why her son couldn’t have possibly done this as part of the dismissal plea, while Epic took initiative in refuting those points as part of their request for denial. We’ll see how this all pans out for the kid in due time.
- Epic Games Launches Fortnite Season 4 with New Trailer
- Fortnite Now Teasing Fans With New Skins as Meteors Rain Down
- Confirming the Obvious: Fortnite is Now Officially the Largest Free to Play Console Game Ever
- A 13-Year-Old Gets an Esports Contract to Play Fortnite
- Team Secret has Joined the Fortnite Esport Scene
- Epic Games Adds Test Pattern to Contribute to Meteor Madness
- Rumor: Fortnite Season 4 Might Start Next Week
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018