Steve McNiven is a much-in-demand comic book artist, with past hits including Civil War, Old Man Logan, Nemesis… and comic books that weren’t written by Mark Millar as well, such as New Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel Knights: 4, and The Death of Wolverine.
But of late his Instagram sketches have been looking a little familiar. And his fans have been noticing, congratulating him on his new “BWS style” and asking: will he be using it in his comics anytime soon?
Because Barry has been working away from prying audience eyes for many years now. The collected Storyteller material of The Paradoxman with new material has not been released. His Thing graphic novel hasn’t happened. He has been working since 1998 on a 300-page graphic novel Monsters, originally a Hulk comic. He was working on a Superman story in 1999. It’s been a while…
So if BWS can’t be BWS, maybe SMN can?
- Gerard Way Returns to Marvel Comics for Spider-Geddon - May 22, 2018
- Marvel to Let People Know What on Earth ‘X-Classified’ is… in June - May 22, 2018
- Marvel Launches Midnight Release Parties for Fantastic Four #1, for 57th Anniversary - May 22, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Publish Star Wars: Beckett in August - May 22, 2018
- Phil Noto is the New Artist on Daredevil in August - May 22, 2018