Steve McNiven is a much-in-demand comic book artist, with past hits including Civil War, Old Man Logan, Nemesis… and comic books that weren’t written by Mark Millar as well, such as New Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel Knights: 4, and The Death of Wolverine.
But of late his Instagram sketches have been looking a little familiar. And his fans have been noticing, congratulating him on his new “BWS style” and asking: will he be using it in his comics anytime soon?
Because Barry has been working away from prying audience eyes for many years now. The collected Storyteller material of The Paradoxman with new material has not been released. His Thing graphic novel hasn’t happened. He has been working since 1998 on a 300-page graphic novel Monsters, originally a Hulk comic. He was working on a Superman story in 1999. It’s been a while…
So if BWS can’t be BWS, maybe SMN can?
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018
- Declan Shalvey to Help Out Steve McNiven on Return of Wolverine? - August 17, 2018
- Landry Walker’s Writer’s Commentary on A Clash of Kings #12 from Dynamite - August 17, 2018