Free Comic Book Day is almost here, and if you live in or plan to visit New York City on the weekend of May 5th, the Children’s Museum of Manhattan has some fun FCBD activities scheduled. On both Saturday and Sunday, you can stop by the museum at 212 W 83rd St to participate in a number of comics-themed programs. Check out the schedule below, and head to the website to learn more.
CMOM’s Comic book maker
Collage action squares, speech balloons and thought bubbles as you draw your very own comic book using CMOM’s Comic Book Maker.
Saturday, May 5 | 12 p.m.
Painted Manga Comic Strips: The Art of Japanese Storytelling
Create a new adventure by designing your own manga! From hand-painted scrolls to printed manga graphic novels to anime movies, storytelling has been a significant part of Japanese culture for generations.
Saturday, May 5 | 11 a.m. & 12 p.m.
Sunday, May 6 | 11 a.m. & 12 p.m.
Imaginary Friends with Illustrator Aya Kakeda
Create your own kawaii (meaning cute) friend and learn about character design with the Society of Illustrator’s award-winning artist Aya Kakeda.
Saturday, May 5 | 2 & 3 p.m.
Superhero Circle Time!
Join our movement & story time for some harrowing tales from your favorite heroes!
Saturday & Sunday, May 5 & 6 | 11:30 p.m.
Cue the Theme Music – Superheroes in Training
Prepare for the challenge of being a superhero through a series of obstacle course games that support physical fitness, balance, and strength training as well as team building.
Saturday & Sunday, May 5 & 6 | 10:30 a.m.
- BC Mailbag: Jason Aaron’s Thor, John Cena’s Vasectomy, And Zack Snyder’s Cut of Justice League - June 24, 2018
- David Lynch on Donald Trump: “He Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History” - June 24, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Vows to Resist Donald Trump Until His “Corrupt, Lying @#$ is Gone” - June 24, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Man-Groot-Thing vs. Hulkverine in Weapon H #4 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Milking the Hunt for Wolverine in Claws of a Killer #2 - June 23, 2018