Filmmaker JJ Abrams confirmed several things today during Paramount Pictures’ panel at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. One of the big ones being that a ‘true Cloverfield sequel’ is on the way, but his World War II horror film Overlord is NOT that sequel.
Overlord is a horror tale set to the backdrop of D-day and is already a hard R rating, the first for Bad Robot. Abrams describes this as “batshit” and “not Cloverfield movie.”
He did however confirm that Bad Robot *is* working on a “true” Cloverfield sequel, but was hesitant to share any additional news.
There was some early footage for Overlord shown, which apparently looks like Nazi experimentation and creating zombies. Footage included a shot of a woman’s head with just a spine below it screaming and crying out for help, sort of cementing the horror element of the film.
Twitter is immediately calling this Inglorious Basterds meets Reanimator, sounds like it’ll be a good year for horror.
Our previous report of ‘multiple Star Trek scripts‘ being in the works is accurate, as it was confirmed that Paramount is actively developing two more Star Trek films. No word yet on who’s officially hemling those, or if they’ll continue the existing Kelvin timeline, but we’ll keep you updated.
Keep up with our CinemaCon liveblogs, or check back for updates throughout the day.
- Report: Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth Both Out of 'Star Trek 4'
- Did Jennifer Morrison Just Give Away a Plot Point for Star Trek 4?
- Avengers: Infinity War Review – The Epic We All Wanted [Spoiler-Free]
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Thursday, April 26
- Let's Take a Look at Some Jurassic World Figures! Part 1: Humans
- Thanos Collectors Will Want to Pick up the Hot Toys Cosbaby Figure
- CinemaCon2018- Tons of Collectibles From Solo, Incredibles, Infinity War, Coming To Theaters This Summer
- Paramount Shows First Footage for Bumblebee During CinemaCon
- Paramount Pictures Presentation Live Blog at CinemaCon
- Halloween Details Emerge from CinemaCon 2018 Universal Presentation
- CinemaCon 2018: Join Bleeding Cool's Focus Features Presentation LIVE-BLOG!
- Star Trek: Discovery Adds Captain Pike for Season 2
- Zachary Quinto Says There Are Apparently (at least) 3 Scripts for 'Star Trek' 4
- Simon Pegg Blames Bad Marketing for Star Trek Beyond's Mediocre Box Office
- J.J. Abrams Discusses Hollywood Equality, Blasts Sexist Star Wars Critics
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018