It looks like WWE Superstar Zack Ryder will not be participating in the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia this week. Ryder faced off against Mike Bennett in a match taped for WWE Main Event, which Ryder says he and Bennett treated as if they were wrestling on the company’s flagship show, Monday Night Raw. That turns out to have been a mistake, as literally nobody watches WWE Main Event. Personally, we didn’t even know the show was still on the air. We hear it airs on Hulu or something like that. Honestly, who cares?
Apparently, Zack Ryder cares, but he and Mike Bennett’s dedication to performing at the highest level for fans even on a meaningless D-show has proved Ryder’s undoing. Ryder will travel to Orlando for an MRI instead of to Saudi Arabia with the rest of the roster. Well, the male roster. Women aren’t legally allowed to perform due to Saudi Arabia’s horrific view on women’s rights (but hey, they’re uh… making progress or something, so cash that check, WWE).
In any case, hopefully Ryder and Bennett have learned their lesson and phone in their matches from now on.
This pic is from last night b4 my match with @RealMikeBennett on #MainEvent. We treated it like we were wrestling on #Raw. Unfortunately, I suffered a knee injury. While the rest of the roster is flying to Saudi Arabia 2day for #WWEGRR, I’m flying back to Orlando to get a MRI. pic.twitter.com/YkW1fwOElR
— Zack Ryder (@ZackRyder) April 24, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018
- The Ice King Apology Tour Commences in 1st Look at Adventure Time: Marcy & Simon #1 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Phil Noto Interlocking Variants for 80th Anniversary - December 13, 2018
- Lela Gwenn and Matthew Dow Smith Launch Bad Luck Chuck at Dark Horse in March - December 13, 2018
- Joe Illidge Explains Post-Valiant Future in Most Polite Open Letter Ever - December 13, 2018