With Avengers: Infinity War opening this weekend, Cinema Sins has just released their new video finding Everything Wrong with Thor: Ragnarok. Which is a pretty fascinating look at the film that most people really liked, myself included. It’s easy to overlook plot holes on the first pass of a film, especially one that was as funny and spectacular as Thor: Ragnarok. You spend so much time on the revelations or watching Cate Blanchett as Hela or Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster, that you really don’t pay attention t stuff like how Loki (Tom Hiddleston) had been on Sakaar for weeks yet has no idea the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) was there, even though he is on posters all over the place. Him suddenly remembering how Hulk beat the crap out of him in Marvel’s Avengers makes for a good comedic moment.
There really are a ton of plot holes, but then again the film was partially improvised, which the studio was okay with. It got to showcase Chris Hemsworth comedic timing, something that no one was aware of when the first film was made. So you can compare the epic fantasy of Thor versus the sci-fi comedy of Thor: Ragnarok and decide if solid plot is more or less important then adventurous fun. And no, I didn’t forget Thor: The Dark World… but I’m trying.
- Thanos to Rule Your Kotobukiya Collection in November
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018