The upcoming stand alone film Solo: A Star Wars Story has officially wrapped post production, director Ron Howard tweeted.
He’s been in residence at the famed Skywalker Ranch, doing final edits and sound mixing for the Star Wars feature about the young scruffy looking nerf herder smuggler who helped save a galaxy. Twice.
“That’s a wrap on post production!
#Solo @HanSoloStory #SkywalkerRanch Wow. What a movie-making adventure it’s been! Thanks to a terrific cast & extraordinary folks behind the camera as well. You’ve worked so hard to fully realize this cool story. Hope fans have a blast! #May25”
The film of course has had a rocky flight from start til now- the original writer director team of Phil Lord and Christopher Miller being fired by LucasFilm President Kathleen Kennedy over what was cited as “creative differences”. Howard was brought on to take over and complete the picture.
Back on the 20th, Howard had tweeted that the final sound mix was done, and a bonus image revealed that his brother Clint Howard really was going to be in the film after several weeks of tweets begged to know.
Here’s hoping Ron is correct in calling Solo: A Star Wars Story a ‘cool story’. The world will find out when it opens on May 25th 2018.
- Another New 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Video Emerges, "Becoming Solo" Featurette
- 2 New 'Solo' TV Spots Arrive, Teasing More Criminal Elements
- Alden Ehrenreich Talks Lord and Miller's Departure on 'Solo'- Sudden but not Unexpected
- Lord and Miller Explain Why Alden Ehrenreich Was Their Pick For Han Solo from the Beginning
- New Era 2018 NFL Draft Hats Available Now, Not the Greatest Ever
- Darkseid Has Come To Rule Over The Mezco One:12 Collective Line
- A Bunch of New Solo: A Star Wars Story Character Posters Just Dropped
- AMC Cancels ‘Comic Book Men’ After 7 Seasons - June 25, 2018
- Claire Foy Talks a Different Lisbeth Salander for ‘Girl in the Spider’s Web’ - June 25, 2018
- Lisa Joy Talks All Those Westworld Season 2 Finale Twists and Turns - June 24, 2018
- Let’s Talk About Westworld Season 2 Episode 10, “The Passenger” - June 24, 2018
- Magic Wheelchair and Adam Savage Need Your Kickstarter Help - June 24, 2018