The upcoming stand alone film Solo: A Star Wars Story has officially wrapped post production, director Ron Howard tweeted.
He’s been in residence at the famed Skywalker Ranch, doing final edits and sound mixing for the Star Wars feature about the young scruffy looking nerf herder smuggler who helped save a galaxy. Twice.
“That’s a wrap on post production!
#Solo @HanSoloStory #SkywalkerRanch Wow. What a movie-making adventure it’s been! Thanks to a terrific cast & extraordinary folks behind the camera as well. You’ve worked so hard to fully realize this cool story. Hope fans have a blast! #May25”
The film of course has had a rocky flight from start til now- the original writer director team of Phil Lord and Christopher Miller being fired by LucasFilm President Kathleen Kennedy over what was cited as “creative differences”. Howard was brought on to take over and complete the picture.
Back on the 20th, Howard had tweeted that the final sound mix was done, and a bonus image revealed that his brother Clint Howard really was going to be in the film after several weeks of tweets begged to know.
Here’s hoping Ron is correct in calling Solo: A Star Wars Story a ‘cool story’. The world will find out when it opens on May 25th 2018.
- Another New 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Video Emerges, "Becoming Solo" Featurette
- 2 New 'Solo' TV Spots Arrive, Teasing More Criminal Elements
- Alden Ehrenreich Talks Lord and Miller's Departure on 'Solo'- Sudden but not Unexpected
- Lord and Miller Explain Why Alden Ehrenreich Was Their Pick For Han Solo from the Beginning
- New Era 2018 NFL Draft Hats Available Now, Not the Greatest Ever
- Darkseid Has Come To Rule Over The Mezco One:12 Collective Line
- A Bunch of New Solo: A Star Wars Story Character Posters Just Dropped
- What Kate Mulgrew Said About Captain Janeway Returning to Star Trek - October 20, 2018
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018