Perhaps you’ll recall the rumor earlier this month that the next Marvel Cinematic Universe comic property Marvel Studios was looking to develop was in fact The Eternals.
The news was originally reported from a somewhat source, even though information of who within the Disney-owned organization had said it was not readily available. (BC reported on the extremely likelihood of the title being developed with our own source)
After the weekend’s excitement of the official Avengers: Infinity War press days in Los Angeles, it appears that Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige has confirmed the intent and active development of Eternals for Phase 4 of the MCU.
“We have started working on what are the films post-phase 3, Eternals is one of many many many things that we are actively beginning to have creative discussions about to see if we believe in them enough to put them on a slate,” He told The Wrap.
Keep in mind however that while yes this is in development, the studio has a lot on their plates right now. Infinity War opens on Thursday, Ant-Man and The Wasp is nearing completion, Captain Marvel is in the thick of production, Spider-Man starts shooting in July, and the editing phase is ongoing for the yet untitled but upcoming Avengers 4 film.
“Those are the five things that are taking up 90 percent of our time,” he said “But there’s 10 percent we’re starting to go, ‘What’s going to be best?’ And some of that is you can take cues from everything we’ve done in the 22 movies before those — which is sequels to existing characters, new interpretation of existing characters and trying whole new swings with stuff that most people never heard of. So there are writers coming in on lots of different projects and lots of different ideas. And you’ll only start to hear more and more of it.”
- Evangeline Lilly Posts New Ant-Man and the Wasp Poster, Trailer Coming Tomorrow
- Kevin Feige Says Marvel Makes Movies "We Believe In", Russo Brothers Call It "Grand Narrative Experiment"
- ICYMI, 'Ant-Man And The Wasp' Happens Before 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Avengers: Infinity War Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely Talk Thanos and Death
- Robert Downey Jr.'s Moving Speech During Avengers: Infinity War Premiere
- The First Reactions for Avengers: Infinity War Are In
- Marvel Releases #ThanosDemandsYourSilence PSA Video For 'Avengers: Infinity War' Spoilers
- Jeff Goldblum Hosts the 'Avengers: Infinity War' Press Day Press Conference
- New Era 2018 NFL Draft Hats Available Now, Not the Greatest Ever
- Fox-Owned Marvel Characters Will Not Appear in MCU til Long After Fox Deal Is Done, Kevin Feige Says
- Withholding 'Avengers 4' Title Backfired, Kevin Feige Says
- Darkseid Has Come To Rule Over The Mezco One:12 Collective Line
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' May be Longest MCU Film Yet, but Avengers 4 Will Be Longer
- The Avengers Played 'Avengers: Infinity War' Family Feud Today
- Marvel-Ous Ladies of MCU Talk Team-Up Film Rumors
- Kevin Feige Says No Hall H For Marvel At SDCC This Year
- Kevin Feige Says "Immediate Potential" For a Nova Marvel Movie
- Rumor: Marvel Studios to Announce Eternals Movie Soon
- ‘Aquaman’ is the Live-Action ‘Atlantis: The Lost Empire’ - December 16, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Trailer Dropping Tomorrow? - December 16, 2018
- Rian Johnson’s Heartfelt ‘The Last Jedi’ Thanks, 1 Year Later - December 16, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Spider-Verse’ Tops With $35 Million - December 16, 2018
- ‘SUPERMAN THE MOVIE’: Profound Impact Still Felt on 40th Anniversary - December 15, 2018