Prepare yourself for the absolute insanity of a massive team fighting against another massive team, as Epic Games have brought back the popular 50 vs. 50 mode back to Fortnite for a limited time. The news came down today along with a trailer to hype the event, which you can watch below. Starting today the game mode will be available to all players as you can join in and be randomly placed on one of two teams with 49 of your frenemies that you’ve most likely killed or been killed by to face off against another 50 on the other side. First team to completely eliminate the other side wins, no matter how many are left.
The mode comes with the latest 3.5 update that went into effect today, bringing with it the light machine gun, the Mercury LMG (it shoots lightning), and Cyberpunk Heroes costumes. You can read the full list of updates for the game below.
- From Thursday, April 19 until Sunday, April 22 players will receive the following:
- 2x experience when playing Battle Royale.
- An Into the Storm Llama each day in Save the World.
- Remember to log in to claim your Llama on each of these days to collect all four.
- Resiliency improvements to help prevent extended downtime.
- Fix for a high-frequency crash on Xbox One
- Peeking is being reverted back to how it functioned prior to v3.5.
- This should solve the issue causing players to accidentally shoot their own structures while trying to peek. More info here.
- Gifts of appreciation to our community for your patience during our unexpected downtime on 4/12 – Part 2:
- Battle Royale – 20 Battle Pass Stars
- Save the World – 1600 Seasonal Gold
- Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our snazzy Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
- Fortnite Plans to Fix the Weapons Swap Equip Issue With Next Update
- Ashland University Now Offering Fortnite Esports Scholarships
- Epic Games Pretty Much Confirms Fortnite is Coming to China
- Microsoft Apparently Hiring for Next Xbox Console Design
- More Comets Coming in Fortnite to Destroy the Island's Locations
- Epic Games Says New Fortnite Maps Aren't a Priority
- The Guided Missle Has Been Removed From Fortnite For The Time Being
- Check Out This Awesome Fortnite vs. PUBG Fan Film
- Epic Games Will Fix the Fortnite SMG Issues With the Next Patch
- Overwatch’s Anniversary Skins Leak on Reddit (Spoilers Ahead) - May 20, 2018
- The Gentlebros Games Announces Cat Quest II: The Lupus Empire - May 20, 2018
- Blackout Was in the Works for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for a Year - May 20, 2018
- Blizzard Celebrates Overwatch’s Second Anniversary with Stop-Motion Video - May 19, 2018
- Overwatch Shows a New Video for the Upcoming Map Addition Petra - May 19, 2018