Even in his old age, Stone Cold Steve Austin is still a Rattlesnake who could turn on anyone at any moment and deliver the proverbial Stone Cold Stunner. This week, it’s a former WWE Raw Tag Team Champion who earned Austin’s ire, and Austin took to his Steve Austin Show podcast to shoot on the 10-year-old kid. That’s right, Austin was talking about Nicholas, who teamed with Braun Strowman at WrestleMania to defeat The Bar for the Raw Tag Team Championships, only to have to relinquish the titles the next day on Raw due to his school schedule.
“Braun Strowman is over like rover, a lot of potential, a lot of momentum, a lot of great storylines for him,” said Austin, as transcribed by Wrestling Inc. “But the fact that he goes out there in the crowd and picks some kid, it’s almost like a disservice to Cesaro and Sheamus who’ve been working their asses off. Two physical specimens, have really gotten some chemistry together as a team. Not to be taken lightly. Braun’s a big guy, but you know, Cesaro‘s one of the strongest guys in the locker room. Sheamus is a brute.”
“They can’t monetize this person who was picked from the crowd,” Austin continued, totally burying Nicholas and his career. “And, I don’t know, I wasn’t really down with it, and that’s with respect to a damn good tag team like The Bar. And then Strowman picks someone [from the crowd], I just, man you’re walking a fine line with him, because you have this brute force killer who’s legitimately one of the biggest, strongest men in the world. It didn’t do much for me.”
Of course, Stone Cold has been out of the business for over a decade, while Nicholas wrestled for championship gold on the biggest wrestling event of the year earlier this month, so it’s possible that Austin is just jealous. We’ll have to take his complaints with a grain of salt.
- Ronda Rousey to Face Mickie James on WWE European Tour - April 23, 2018
- Dark Horse to Publish ‘Mob Psycho 100’ Manga by ONE This Fall - April 23, 2018
- The Undertaker Returns to Comics with New BOOM! Studios Graphic Novel by Chad Dundas and Rodrigo Lorenzo - April 23, 2018
- Get All 17 Volumes of IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Less Than $70 This Week on ComiXology - April 23, 2018
- You’ll Die Hard When You See This #CinemaCon2018 Standee for Dwayne Johnson’s Skyscraper - April 23, 2018