If you’ve been looking forward to playing the new retro platformer Venture Kid on console, you’ll need to make sure you have a Nintendo Switch ready as the game has officially been announced as a console exclusive title. The news came down today from FDG Entertainment’s Twitter feed, who cleared up any confusion about the release, saying it would be only released with Nintendo and Steam.
#VentureKid coming up next! Please stay tuned for more info about this fantastic action game heading to #PC @Steam_games and console-exclusive to the amazing #NintendoSwitch pic.twitter.com/lVkQDChq4z
— FDG Entertainment (@FDG_Games) April 16, 2018
If you haven’t had a taste of Venture Kid yet, please enjoy the trailer below. This is done in the classic NES style of design and harkens back to some of the third-party platforms you may have played back in the day. You know, the ones where you could tell they were trying to make a Mega Man game without it being Mega Man, and they were published on cartridges that were all black and didn’t look anything like an officially licensed Nintendo product. That’s the kind of vibe this game generates, with the caveat of actually being a good game and not some clone. We’re looking forward to trying it out!
- Nintendo Switch's Latest Update Fixes a Minor Motion Control Issue
- Sega has Announced the Pricing for Shenmue I & II
- Valkyria Chronicles is being Ported to the Switch in Japan
- Catching Up With The Crew Behind Floor Kids at PAX East
- Sega is Releasing Genesis and Master Era Games on The Switch
- Getting a Taste of Co-Op Puzzling Again with Pode
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ Latest Update Includes a Rainbow Six Siege Crossover - July 20, 2018
- EA Sports Releases New “Physical” Trailer for NHL 19 - July 20, 2018
- Deep Silver Reveals Release Date and Details for Pathfinder: Kingmaker - July 20, 2018
- Epic Games Issues New Challenges for Fortnite’s One-Year Anniversary - July 20, 2018
- Stardew Valley Will Finally Get Multiplayer on PC in August - July 20, 2018