Disney is feeling pretty good about itself right now. Black Panther would be the biggest movie of the year if it didn’t have to compete with Avengers: Infinity War. It’s been smashing records left and right and recently passed the domestic box office for Titanic. It’s one of five movies to have an opening weekend of $200+ million and Disney decided to put all of the Black Panther accomplishments into a helpful infographic ahead of the home release.
The Walt Disney Studios announced this week that Marvel Studios’ Black Panther will arrive on Digital May 8 and on Blu-Ray May 15! Directed by Ryan Coogler, the record-breaking film has earned more than $1.3 billion worldwide in eight weeks of release and now stands among the top 10 films of all time. Black Panther’s T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), Okoye (Danai Gurira) and Shuri (Letitia Wright) return to the screen in Avengers: Infinity War on April 27.
Summary: T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It’s out now.
- LEGO Celebrates the MCU's 10th Anniversary with a Poster
- Jurassic Park's T-Rex Gets a New Statue Exclusive to ThinkGeek
- Black Panther Gets a Second Wave of Funko Pops
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Monday, April 16
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: Peter Halpin Joins the Cast as Theo Nelson - October 18, 2018
- Watch Our Heroes Do Some Training in This New Robin Hood Clip - October 18, 2018
- Sophie Turner Talks Incorporating Mental Illness into Dark Phoenix - October 18, 2018