Marvel Studios has been pretty blatant that things are going to look very different for the Marvel Cinematic Universe going forward. Phase 4 and beyond is a new beginning and that means that Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 are going to be an ending. Joe Russo recently spoke to the Hindustan Times about the Marvel Universe and Infinity War being the final chapter.
“For me, this Marvel Universe is like a book. It has been in writing for last 10 years with all these films. Infinity War is the final chapter in this book. So, in the future, there will be new stories to tell. In the future, we will be seeing a new beginning. Black Panther is one of them and it is so incredible. The future of Marvel is going to be a lot more diverse catering to fans across the globe. People have been (living) with these characters for a decade and this is the ending. It is very exciting as there is a sense of closure and then also of new beginnings,” he says.
As Russo says this isn’t just an ending for the people involved this is also for us. There is an entire generation of kids that have grown up on these movies and now we have to see it all end. It’s a big deal and it’s good to see that the people making these movies understand that.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on April 27th.
- Jurassic Park's T-Rex Gets a New Statue Exclusive to ThinkGeek
- Black Panther Gets a Second Wave of Funko Pops
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Monday, April 16
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018