There are times when you come across a game where it looks like the designers did all the right things and then somehow threw a sack of dirt on everything to make you feel grimy playing it. That’s how we felt picking up the demo for Disco Elysium from Humble Bundle at PAX East. The game literally started us off as a drunken cop, lying naked on a hotel room floor with his memory gone of how he even bothered getting there, let alone doing the job he was supposed to do. The job? Taking down the body of someone who apparently hung themselves, but like all detective cases, you don’t entirely believe that to be true.
The game plays out like a text RPG in many ways, as the decisions you make about speech affect how people respond to you. There was a point in the game where I basically flipped off the manager and ran out the door, barreling over a woman in a wheelchair. Not the greatest of social graces, but the fact that I have the option to be a “fuck this” kind of person in the middle of what is essentially an RPG mystery made me happy to no end. Currently, the game has no release date attached to it, but this is one I will be anticipating for months to come.
- Humble Bundle and Blue Manchu Announce Void Bastards
- Playing For the Sake of Having Fun with Happy Salmon at PAX East
- Enjoying the Animated Beauty That is Banner Saga 3
- Checking Out What Dell and Alienware Had to Show at PAX East
- Hitchhiker: First Ride Will Have You Questioning Your Own Sanity in Cars
- Multiplayer Fun and Nearly Breaking a Demo with Sky Noon
- Moonlighter Gives Us a Taste of Dungeon Exploration with Failure Risk
- Killing Zombies to the Beat at PAX East with Double Kick Heroes
- Acting Like a Real Lumiere in Candleman: The Complete Journey
- SNK 40th Anniversary Edition Receives 11 New Games in DLC - December 12, 2018
- A First Look at Wilfrid Laurier and Canada Coming to Civilization VI - December 12, 2018
- Enplex Games Announces New Survival MMO Game Population Zero - December 11, 2018
- WBIE Will Relaunch MK Kollective to Prepare for Mortal Kombat 11 - December 11, 2018
- Review: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Gear by JINX - December 11, 2018