Well, that didn’t take long. Little more than a month after leaving his role as Editor-in-Chief at IDW amidst widespread industry turmoil, Chris Ryall has signed on with Skybound, according to a report from THR. Ryall apparently doesn’t have a title yet, but he’ll work alongside current Skybound Editor-in-Chief Sean Mackiewicz on publishing, the report claims.
Skybound founder and Walking Dead mogul Robert Kirkman, the third most successful businessman to ever come out of Kentucky after Colonel Sanders and Hillbilly Jim, has apparently been watching Ryall from afar, tracking his every move, and lusting over the chance to bring him into the Skybound fold almost as much as he does killing off beloved characters in anniversary issues of his comics.
“You’d have a hard time finding someone more well-liked in comics than Chris,” Kirkman said. “His mark on the comics industry is undeniable. I’ve admired his work from afar for many years and am thrilled for him to be part of the Skybound team.”
It’s only one day into his new job, but so far, Ryall seems happy, saying, “As a fan of genre material and comic books all around, working with Skybound Entertainment is a natural fit for me. I’m excited to work with the team in place at Skybound and expand an already phenomenal library of content.”
Ryall departed IDW in March at the same time as PR Manager Steven Scott, and was followed shortly thereafter by Sarah Gaydos, who landed at Oni Press. IDW Publisher Ted Adams stepped down from his role as publisher of IDW last November.
- Marvel’s Jordan White Spoils the Last Panel of Uncanny X-Men #1 for #XMenMonday - October 22, 2018
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018