Lawbreakers‘ Boss Key Productions’ newest game is called Radical Heights, and it is a Battle Royale game with ’80s-infused flair.
Just last week, Boss Key Productions said it was stepping away from development of Lawbreakers, due to the game being unable to find a big enough audience. It was sad as it was a decent game, but it was hurt by several missteps that meant the online-only title never quite hit the heights it could have. Well, we now know why the developer has pivoted, as we’ve just been given our first glance at their next project.
Jumping on the Battle Royale trend, Boss Key’s next game is called Radical Heights. The twist for the game is the it brings a hard ’80s, glam rock look to the genre, with BMX’s, metal t-shirts and lots of neon. The game is out really soon too. Tomorrow, the game will launch on Steam in an early access state, letting players get hands-on. There will probably be a fair few of them as well as the game is going to be free-to-play through the Early Access program and is currently planned to stay that way forever. You can see a trailer for the game here:
There is almost an inevitability to this title, with Battle Royale being so popular and ’80s spinoffs always rearing their heads on trends. However, the fact that a talented studio like Boss Key is taking on the project is encouraging. It may not be the most surprising game in the world, but with dedication, here’s hoping the game can really find itself with continued support from the team.
- Bryce Dallas Howard and B.D. Wong Join Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic World Evolution - April 25, 2018
- BioWare Developer Hints that Dragon Age 4 is Actually in the Works - April 25, 2018
- Sonic Mania Has Sold Over a Million Copies - April 25, 2018
- Microsoft has Stepped in to Cancel Fan-Made Halo Online Mod (But Do Tease Halo on PC) - April 25, 2018
- Strange Brigade is Set to Release this Coming August - April 25, 2018