Last month, we learned that IDW plans to end their Transformers comic book universe in the only way they know how: with a super-mega-crossover event. Transformers: Unicron by John Barber, Alex Milne, and Sebastian Cheng will run for six-issues bi-weekly this summer, kicking off with a #0 issue for Free Comic Book Day.
And now, as announced during IDW’s presentation at the Diamond Retailer Summit dinner, all of Transformers: Unicron will be fully returnable, encouraging retailers to order as many copies as they want without fear of getting stuck. Additionally, the company will offer 20% back-issues of Transformers for retailers.
Is it a fire sale, or promotion for an impending reboot? We’ll find out.
FCBD 2018 TRANSFORMERS UNICRON #0
(W) John Barber (A) Alex Milne (CA) Sara Pitre-Durocher
Not a whimper, nor a bang-the end comes with a squall of entropy shrieking from the ravenous maw of death itself. The message is clear: Unicron has arrived. The Transformers lock into a desperate bid to save Rom’s homeworld from the world-killer – but why has Unicron chosen this world on his path to Cybertron… and Earth? The biggest story in the history of Transformers starts now: for Unicron’s arrival can mean nothing less than the end of a universe.
- Fathom Events to Premiere Latest Fate Anime in U.S. Theaters for 2 Nights Only in June - April 25, 2018
- Goldberg Thinks Hulk Hogan Deserves a Chance to Be Given a Chance to Return to WWE - April 24, 2018
- Triple H Defends WWE’s Relationship with Saudi Arabia, Hopes Women Can Wrestle in Country in a Few Years - April 24, 2018
- Will Smith’s Genie is “a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude” - April 24, 2018
- Spoilers Revealed in New Avengers: Infinity War Clip at #CinemaCon2018 - April 24, 2018