Last month, we learned that IDW plans to end their Transformers comic book universe in the only way they know how: with a super-mega-crossover event. Transformers: Unicron by John Barber, Alex Milne, and Sebastian Cheng will run for six-issues bi-weekly this summer, kicking off with a #0 issue for Free Comic Book Day.
And now, as announced during IDW’s presentation at the Diamond Retailer Summit dinner, all of Transformers: Unicron will be fully returnable, encouraging retailers to order as many copies as they want without fear of getting stuck. Additionally, the company will offer 20% back-issues of Transformers for retailers.
Is it a fire sale, or promotion for an impending reboot? We’ll find out.
FCBD 2018 TRANSFORMERS UNICRON #0
(W) John Barber (A) Alex Milne (CA) Sara Pitre-Durocher
Not a whimper, nor a bang-the end comes with a squall of entropy shrieking from the ravenous maw of death itself. The message is clear: Unicron has arrived. The Transformers lock into a desperate bid to save Rom’s homeworld from the world-killer – but why has Unicron chosen this world on his path to Cybertron… and Earth? The biggest story in the history of Transformers starts now: for Unicron’s arrival can mean nothing less than the end of a universe.
- Julia Roberts’s ‘Homecoming’ Will Premiere Friday, November 2nd on Amazon Prime Video - July 20, 2018
- Noomi Rapace Joins Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan for Season 2 at Amazon Studios - July 20, 2018
- Titan to Publish The Wrath of Fantomas, Plus a Massive Yellow Submarine Box Set - July 20, 2018
- Marvel Announces Spider-Girls by Jody Houser and Andres Genolet, Spider-Force by Christopher Priest and Paulo Siqueiro - July 20, 2018
- Marvel Confirms New Miracleman by Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham for 2019 - July 20, 2018