In recent weeks, Bleeding Cool has covered the propensity for Marvel Comics to offer brand-new collections on ComiXology for inexpensive prices. And how, in some cases, Amazon has followed suit. This came to a head this week with a brand-new original graphic novel hardcover by Jim Starlin and Alan Davis, Thanos: Infinity Siblings, here before comic stores even had a chance to open their doors.
It was the first question asked of Marvel Comics at the Diamond Retailer Summit held in Chicago today — and apparently, it’s a mystery to Marvel as well.
New Marvel EIC C.B. Cebulski said that they sell comics to ComiXology and to comic book stores through Diamond for the same price, but that ComiXology is selling them at a loss.
He said that this wasn’t a Marvel issue but an Amazon or ComiXology issue, and that Marvel SVP David Gabriel and new Publisher John Nee are in talks to try to change things.
I’ll ask ComiXology and see what they say.
- Superman Vs Muhammad Ali is Now One Of DC’s Best-Selling Comics - September 20, 2018
- 7 Revealed DC Comics Covers for October and November, from Jim Lee, Francesco Mattina, Kelly Jones and More - September 20, 2018
- Venom and Spider-Geddon Retailer Exclusive Variants For New York Comic-Con 2018 - September 20, 2018
- Speculator Corner: Wordless Batman Damned #1 Sells for $50, First Appearance of the Batawang… - September 20, 2018
- Marvel Book Space at Pinewood Studios for Guy Ritchie Captain Britain Movie? - September 20, 2018