We kind of expected God of War to be a pretty epic game and take up a good chunk of space on our PlayStation 4, but we seriously didn’t expect the game to be as massive as it’s apparently being reported. According to people who already have copies of the game for review and demo purposes, the file size is 45GB! Not a big deal for people who have a 1TB Ps4 Pro or anyone who hooked up an external drive, but a major issue for the millions who most likely still own a 500GB console.
This comes off the heels of Sega releasing Yakuza 6 in April, which will be a 36GB title with all of the content. And naturally, both games are going to become bigger with whatever DLC is added later on. Right now there aren’t many options for players who want to download the game and not kill off their library. Some are pointing to the PS4 Pro Bundle for the game that will have a limited release with the game on April 20th. But for those who can’t slap down a ton of cash on a new console or a spare storage drive, you’ve got about two and a half weeks to conquer some of the games in your library and make room.
- Sony Shows Off the Story of Kratos in the Latest God Of War Trailer
- PlayStation Releases Bear McCreary's God of War Soundtrack on Spotify a Week Early
- God of War Gets a New TV Spot Featuring Several Locations
- There Won't Be Microtransactions in God of War, Says Director
- The PS4 is Getting a Special God Of War Bundle Edition
- Sony Projected a Massive God of War Trailer on the Court at an Oakland Game Last Night
- God of War Limited Edition Loot Crate on Its Way
- Xbox Announces Their May Lineup of Games With Gold - April 21, 2018
- Fortnite Plans to Fix the Weapons Swap Equip Issue With Next Update - April 21, 2018
- The Latest Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Trailer Focuses on Older Characters - April 21, 2018
- Darwin Project Developers Made the Game Free To Play on Steam - April 21, 2018
- Survival Horror Game Agony Finally Gets a Release Date - April 21, 2018