At least in the UK, sales for Far Cry 5 seem to be very good, earning the game the biggest launch of 2018 and the biggest for the franchise to date.
Far Cry 5 has enjoyed an interesting discussion around its release. From politics to critical reception, everyone seems to be talking about the game for one reason or another and that can only be good. Word of mouth always plays a big part in sales, and it seems to be on everyone’s lips at the moment, for good or ill. Ubisoft will be hoping that drives the game forward in the market.
It seemingly has done just that. According to Chart-Track (via Eurogamer), the game has raced up the charts, hitting number 1 in the UK. That’s to be expected, what with it being a week out from such a big release, but it seems the game is achieving a lot more too. The tracking organisation say that the game is currently the biggest release of 2018 and that it’s currently selling better than any game in the franchise at launch. That is a big deal if true, proving taking Far Cry into the rural US is a big draw.
It’s not sure how well the game is selling elsewhere just yet, but one would have to imagine it is going to be a similar story across the world. That’s great to hear too, as it means the franchise is in a healthy spot. We will have a lot more to say about the game very soon, so keep an eye out if you want our own thoughts soon.
- Someone Recreated the Island From Lost in Far Cry 5
- PETA Voices Concerns About Fishing in Far Cry 5
- Far Cry 5's First Live Event is Morbid and Disappointing
- Shadow of War gets a Demo on PC to Entice New Players - July 23, 2018
- Halo: Infinite Might Not Support Xbox Play Anywhere - July 23, 2018
- PES 2019 Will Be Getting a Demo Next Month - July 23, 2018
- Halo Infinite Won’t Have a Battle Royale Mode - July 20, 2018
- Todd Howard Doesn’t Want to Remaster Morrowind - July 20, 2018