When Toronto comic shop The Beguiling moved from Mirvish Village to Kensington Market’s College Street, it closed its neighbouring comic store, Little Island Comics, which specialized in comics for kids.
Now the store has reopened in a new location next to the The Beguiling’s new spot. The Beguiling’s gallery and events space will now also be shared by Little Island Comics for its own events.
They reopened two weeks ago, at 323 College Street, with a sale, creator appearances, refreshments, and activities.
“Little Island has proven to be a key part of The Beguiling’s business overall,” said proprietor Peter Birkemoe. “I’m thrilled to once again devote space where kids and parents can learn, read and start loving comics. And we really missed giving our youngest customers the specific attention they deserve.”
“Little Island Comics responded to the public’s continuing need for specialized books shops as points of discovery, interaction, and creative community,” Little Island Comics manager Andrew Woodrow-Butcher added. “It’s a bricks-and-mortar success story!”
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, DC and Marvel Comics, Spring 2018 - July 15, 2018
- Big Hero 6’s Gus Vasquez Needs a Hero of His Own - July 15, 2018
- Zenescope Brings a Different Flavour to Women In Comics Panels at San Diego Comic-Con - July 15, 2018
- Mike Holman and Lee Thompson Promoted at Diamond Comics UK in John Hitchen’s Absence - July 15, 2018
- Doctor Who’s Back – And She’s Bringing That Same Copy of The Beano With Her - July 15, 2018