When Toronto comic shop The Beguiling moved from Mirvish Village to Kensington Market’s College Street, it closed its neighbouring comic store, Little Island Comics, which specialized in comics for kids.
Now the store has reopened in a new location next to the The Beguiling’s new spot. The Beguiling’s gallery and events space will now also be shared by Little Island Comics for its own events.
They reopened two weeks ago, at 323 College Street, with a sale, creator appearances, refreshments, and activities.
“Little Island has proven to be a key part of The Beguiling’s business overall,” said proprietor Peter Birkemoe. “I’m thrilled to once again devote space where kids and parents can learn, read and start loving comics. And we really missed giving our youngest customers the specific attention they deserve.”
“Little Island Comics responded to the public’s continuing need for specialized books shops as points of discovery, interaction, and creative community,” Little Island Comics manager Andrew Woodrow-Butcher added. “It’s a bricks-and-mortar success story!”
- The Return of Graig F Weich to Comic Stores – One Way or Another - April 24, 2018
- Domino’s Pug Gets Cover Spot in Second Printing - April 24, 2018
- Skyward #1 Goes to Second Printing - April 24, 2018
- Doctor Doom’s Reaction to His Impending Fatherhood – Invincible Iron Man #599 Preview - April 24, 2018
- Wolverine Has a Price on His Head, Legs, Arms and Other Bits – Hunt For Wolverine #1 Preview - April 24, 2018