When Toronto comic shop The Beguiling moved from Mirvish Village to Kensington Market’s College Street, it closed its neighbouring comic store, Little Island Comics, which specialized in comics for kids.
Now the store has reopened in a new location next to the The Beguiling’s new spot. The Beguiling’s gallery and events space will now also be shared by Little Island Comics for its own events.
They reopened two weeks ago, at 323 College Street, with a sale, creator appearances, refreshments, and activities.
“Little Island has proven to be a key part of The Beguiling’s business overall,” said proprietor Peter Birkemoe. “I’m thrilled to once again devote space where kids and parents can learn, read and start loving comics. And we really missed giving our youngest customers the specific attention they deserve.”
“Little Island Comics responded to the public’s continuing need for specialized books shops as points of discovery, interaction, and creative community,” Little Island Comics manager Andrew Woodrow-Butcher added. “It’s a bricks-and-mortar success story!”
- Iowa Comic Stores and More Affected by Late Shipments This Week - October 17, 2018
- Rogue on a Woman’s Right to Choose Her Superpowers (Mr & Mrs X #4 Spoilers) - October 17, 2018
- Batman, A Hypocrite in Today’s Batman #57 (Again) – Spoilers - October 17, 2018
- So… What Does Carol Danvers’ Name Mean? Hint, it’s Not ‘Hope’… - October 17, 2018
- Next Week’s Previews has Other History of the DC Universe on the Cover, Fight Club 3 on the Back… - October 17, 2018